From the Web: Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project
ASAP is thrilled to announce that we’re hosting a CSA fair on March 26, and we hope you’ll be there! Our Meet Your Farmer CSA Fair will be your opportunity to meet farmers face-to-face and learn more about their CSA programs and products.
Just what is a CSA anyway? CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. As a CSA farm share member, you pay the farmer in advance for “shares” of the season’s bounty. Then, you get to enjoy a steady supply of fresh foods, from meats to veggies, straight from the farm every week!
What: 2011 Meet Your Farmer CSA Fair
When: Saturday, March 26 from 2-6 pm
Where: Asheville Brewing Company, 77 Coxe Avenue in Asheville; free parking in the Cooperative Extension parking lot (Coxe at Hilliard)
Who: Open to the public; the event is FREE! Farms slated to participate have CSA pick up locations in Asheville and include:
- Foothills Family Farms (Old Fort)
- Flying Cloud Farm (Fairview)
- Gladheart Farms (Asheville)
- Jake’s Farm (Candler)
- Green Toe Ground Farm (Burnsville)
- Ivy Creek Family Farm (Barnardsville)
- Cane Creek Asparagus & Company (Fairview)
- Hickory Nut Gap Farm (Fairview)
- Full Sun Farm (Leicester)
- Hominy Valley Farms (Candler)
- Winter Sun Farms (Asheville)
- Cane Creek Valley Farm (Fletcher)
- Long Valley Farm (Marshall)
Can’t attend? Find a list of more than 90 farms offering CSAs in our online Local Food Guide HERE.