Truth delivered daily
Carolina Public Press is committed to ethical, nonpartisan reporting on the important issues facing our communities. Make us your source for trusted news in North Carolina.
From the Web: Appalachian Sustainable Agriculture Project
ASAP is thrilled to announce that we’re hosting a CSA fair on March 26, and we hope you’ll be there! Our Meet Your Farmer CSA Fair will be your opportunity to meet farmers face-to-face and learn more about their CSA programs and products.
Just what is a CSA anyway? CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. As a CSA farm share member, you pay the farmer in advance for “shares” of the season’s bounty. Then, you get to enjoy a steady supply of fresh foods, from meats to veggies, straight from the farm every week!
What: 2011 Meet Your Farmer CSA Fair
When: Saturday, March 26 from 2-6 pm
Where: Asheville Brewing Company, 77 Coxe Avenue in Asheville; free parking in the Cooperative Extension parking lot (Coxe at Hilliard)
Who: Open to the public; the event is FREE! Farms slated to participate have CSA pick up locations in Asheville and include:
- Foothills Family Farms (Old Fort)
- Flying Cloud Farm (Fairview)
- Gladheart Farms (Asheville)
- Jake’s Farm (Candler)
- Green Toe Ground Farm (Burnsville)
- Ivy Creek Family Farm (Barnardsville)
- Cane Creek Asparagus & Company (Fairview)
- Hickory Nut Gap Farm (Fairview)
- Full Sun Farm (Leicester)
- Hominy Valley Farms (Candler)
- Winter Sun Farms (Asheville)
- Cane Creek Valley Farm (Fletcher)
- Long Valley Farm (Marshall)
Can’t attend? Find a list of more than 90 farms offering CSAs in our online Local Food Guide HERE.