Truth delivered daily
Carolina Public Press is committed to ethical, nonpartisan reporting on the important issues facing our communities. Make us your source for trusted news in North Carolina.
RALEIGH – Gov. Pat McCrory announced the following direct appointments today, effective immediately:
Banking Commission, Practical Bankers:
- James T. Bolt Jr. (Mecklenburg County) – Bolt is the executive vice president of Bank of North Carolina in Charlotte. Bolt has more than 40 years of banking experience.
- Lee H. Roberts (Wake County) – Roberts serves as the chief operating officer of VantageSouth Bank. Roberts also serves on the board of Duke University’s Sanford School of Public Policy.
Banking Commission, public members:
- Don Fader (Lenoir County) – Fader is the owner of SMC Home Finance in Kinston. Fader served as vice president of mortgage lending at First South Bank.
- John C. Hunter (Buncombe County) – Hunter is an attorney with Adams, Hendon, Carson, Crow & Saenger P.A. Hunter served as a former legal counsel to Gov. Jim Martin.
- Brandon S. Neuman (Wake County) – Neuman is a partner at Shanahan Law Group, PLLC. His areas of practice include banking and corporate/business litigation, among others.
- James Hyler Jr. (Wake County) – Hyler is a retired banking executive from First Citizens Bank. He serves on the board of trustees for the University of North Carolina Health Care System.
- Dalip Awasthi (Wake County) – Awasthi currently serves on the Banking Commission. He is the former managing director at Lehman Brothers in Tokyo.
- Pamela B. Smith (Nash County) – Smith is the chief financial officer for Century Finance Inc. Smith is also a certified public accountant. She will fill the seat designated for a Consumer Finance Licensee.
-Press release from the office of Gov. Pat McCrory, shared April 30.