Journalism with impact
I want to receive independent, investigative local news every day.
Asheville: “We’ve Got the Music Business,” “Hire and Higher Education,” and “Businesses Putting Asheville on the Map” will be explored from an innovation perspective during Leadership Asheville’s Buzz 2013 summer breakfast series.
The public is invited to join us on Tuesday, June 18, and Wednesdays, July 24 and Aug. 14 at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel. Panel presentations will be 8-9 a.m. with registration and a hot breakfast buffet starting at 7:30 a.m. Admission is $20 per breakfast and includes a chance to win door and raffle prizes. Reserved tables for eight are also available. Reservations can be made at www.leadershipasheville.org.
“We’ve Got the Music Business” panel will kick off the Buzz 2013 Inspired Innovation series on Tuesday, June 18. Panelists include:
Truth delivered daily
- Michael Adams, CEO of Moog Music
- Sean O’Connell, CEO and founder of Music Allies and Creative Allies
- Aaron Price, musician and producer
- Jessica Tomasin, studio manager at Echo Mountain Recording Studio
- J. Patrick Whalen, owner of The Orange Peel
- Moderator: Jason Sandford, staff columnist at Asheville Citizen-Times and Ashvegas blog author
“Hire and Higher Education” will be the topic for the Buzz 2013 Inspired Innovation program on Wednesday, July 24. Panelists include:
- David O. Belcher, chancellor of Western Carolina University
- Anne Ponder, chancellor of UNC Asheville
- Melissa Quinley, vice president for instructional services at A-B Tech
- Steven Solnick, president of Warren Wilson College
- Moderator: William Sederburg, senior scholar at American Association of State Colleges and Universities
“Businesses Putting Asheville on the Map” will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Panelists include:
Become a Carolina Public Press insider.
Text INSIDER to (919)897-8555 and be among the first to hear about special events and exclusive content.
- Kara Errickson, CEO and founder of CoCoChi Inc., the maker of SkinFare
- Peter Krauss, chief sales and marketing officer at PLI, world’s largest keycard manufacturer
- Eric Oelschlaeger, president and co-founder of Epsilon Inc., business technology consulting and IT provider
- Karsten Shein, climatologist/climate and marine ecosystems lead at NOAA National Climatic Data Center
- Moderator: Pam Lewis, director of entrepreneurship for Asheville/Buncombe Economic Development and Venture Asheville
Leadership Asheville Buzz 2013 is sponsored by Giant Leap Consulting and Van Winkle Law Firm.
-Press release from Leadership Asheville, shared May 6.