Journalism with impact
I want to receive independent, investigative local news every day.
ASHEVILLE — Don’t forget to mark your calendar for the next sessions of the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests management plan revision process.
The meetings will be held from 6-9 p.m. at the following dates and locations:
- Thursday, May 23 at Tartan Hall of the First Presbyterian Church, 26 Church St., Franklin, N.C. 28734; and
- Thursday, May 30 at the N.C. Arboretum, 100 Frederick Law Olmsted Way, Asheville, N.C. 28806.
Truth delivered daily
Participants are encouraged to arrive at 5:30 p.m. to review materials prior to the meeting.
Topic areas to be presented and discussed are:
- Managing outdoor recreation, access and scenery in public forests managed for multiple uses,
- Availability of wildlife habitats on the Nantahala and Pisgah National Forests with an emphasis on early successional habitats (young forest areas), and
- National forest lands that require special management and determining criteria to evaluate the need for designated areas (i.e. special interest areas, wilderness, etc.).
Become a Carolina Public Press insider.
Text INSIDER to (919)897-8555 and be among the first to hear about special events and exclusive content.
Learn more at www.fs.usda.gov/goto/nfsnc/nprevision.
-Press release from the U.S. Forest Service, shared May 14.