Truth delivered daily
Carolina Public Press is committed to ethical, nonpartisan reporting on the important issues facing our communities. Make us your source for trusted news in North Carolina.
Request for Proposals: Development Consultant
Carolina Public Press is a nonprofit online news service providing Western North Carolina with unbiased, in-depth and investigative reporting as well as educational opportunities to journalists, students and others. Carolina Public Press believes that pubic interest reporting is critical to an informed, engaged electorate and to ensuring government accountability. In order to implement this mission, Carolina Public Press is seeking assistance in establishing revenue sources that make the organization financially sustainable.
Scope and Guidelines:
Carolina Public Press requires a fund development contractor or consultant to support its efforts in creating and implementing a development plan that results in a written operational proposal that clearly articulates measurable goals, objectives and strategies. The plan should include:
- Development goals (1 year, 3 year, 5 year)
- Strategies for reaching the goals (preferred, available)
- Analysis of potential by constituency and by strategy
- Action plan and timetable for each strategy, with income benchmarks
- Assignment of responsibilities for strategies and individual solicitations to volunteers, staff, and others
- Marketing needs for each strategy
- Budget and funding for each strategy
- An overview of your company/skills and any relevant experience
- A description of a project, employer or client that reflects your alignment with the project
- Names and contact information for a minimum of 3 current references
- Fee expectations
- Experience working with a news organization and/or online publication, which is an asset, but not required
- 50% experience
- 50% price
- RFP dated March 6, 2014
- Proposals no later than March 20, 2014, to:
Angie Newsome, Executive Director and Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Development RFP.” Mailed submissions may also be sent to:
Carolina Public Press
P.O. Box 17595
Asheville, N.C. 28816
It is the responsibility of the presenter of the submission to ensure that it has arrived to Carolina Public Press by the date specified. Carolina Public Press is not responsible for lost or misdirected proposals and reserves the right to not hire any respondents or to re-release the RFP. Download a copy of the RFP here [PDF].
If you require clarification or have a question, please contact Executive Director Angie Newsome at email@example.com or 828-279-0949.