Journalism with impact
I want to receive independent, investigative local news every day.
Press release from the National Forests in North Carolina, a division of the U.S. Forest Service:
Truth delivered daily
The National Forests in North Carolina will be holding the next round of public meetings this October and November to share information about the proposed Forest Plan, including potential management areas and desired conditions. The meeting will open with a presentation on significant issues, management areas and the development of plan components.
The Forest Service planning team will share some proposed desired condition statements and information about watersheds and recreation settings during a open poster session.
Each of the scheduled meetings will be from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. and will follow the same agenda and present the same information and opportunity for review and comment. Public meeting dates and locations are as follows:
Become a Carolina Public Press insider.
- Pisgah Ranger District: Oct. 21 at the Forge Valley Event Center in Mills River;
- Nantahala Ranger District: Oct. 28 at the Tartan Hall in Franklin;
- RESCHEDULED. Tusquitee Ranger District: Oct. 30 at the Tri-County Community College, Enloe Multi-Purpose Room, in Murphy;
- Appalachian Ranger District: Nov. 3 at Mars Hill College, Broyhill Chapel, in Mars Hill;
- Cheoah Ranger District: Nov. 6 at the Graham County Community Center in Robbinsville; and
- Grandfather Ranger District: Nov. 13 at McDowell Technical Community College, Room 113, in Marion