Journalism with impact
I want to receive independent, investigative local news every day.
From RiverLink, shared April 14:
Become a Carolina Public Press insider.
Text INSIDER to (919)897-8555 and be among the first to hear about special events and exclusive content.
Truth delivered daily
RiverLink will host an Earth Day Extravaganza on Saturday, April 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the RiverLink Performance and Sculpture Plaza (119 Riverside Dr., across from Warehouse Studios). The event focuses on recycling, reusing and reducing.
“For years, RiverLink has had a presence at other Earth Day events, and last year we decided it was time to host our own celebration,” said RiverLink’s Dave Russell. “We have a full slate of earth-friendly activities set up.”
Among the activities scheduled for the day:
- A make-your-own rain barrel clinic: RiverLink will provide all the parts and tools and help homeowners assemble their own rain barrels for $30. We’ll also have rain barrels for sale ($50) and barrels to take home ($15).
- Neighborhood Big Draw: We will have mountains of art supplies, canvas and paper available for kids and adults to draw or paint a scene of the river or the River Arts District.
- Computer and electronics recycling: We’re inviting the public to bring old computer equipment, cell phones and other electronic devices for recycling.
- Swap meet: Reduce the clutter around your house by bringing it for trading with others. We’ll have some tables set up, but have no Dumpster service, so be prepared to haul away what you don’t swap.
- Free hot dogs for kids.
- We’ll also have white pine seedlings to give to the first 50 kids who show up to plant in their own yards.
For more information, contact RiverLink Volunteer Coordinator Dave Russell at (828) 252-8474, Ext. 11, or at email@example.com.
Located in Asheville’s River Arts District, RiverLink is a regional organization spearheading the economic and environmental revitalization of the French Broad River watershed as a destination where everyone can work, live and play.