Before you go …
If you like what you are reading and believe in independent, nonprofit, nonpartisan journalism like ours—journalism the way it should be—please contribute to keep us going. Reporting like this isn’t free to produce and we cannot do this alone. Thank you!
Carolina Public Press live-streamed the daylong Rural Day event, held Tuesday, May 29, in Raleigh and presented by the N.C. Rural Center, which featured discussions on some of the biggest issues impacting the future of rural North Carolina communities — broadband, health and small business development.
A playlist of 26 videos from the event may be viewed above.
The event included remarks from Gov. Roy Cooper, Rep. Tim Moore and Sen. Phil Berger. It also included three panel discussions on health, broadband and small business in rural North Carolina, featuring speakers and experts from across the state. More than 400 leaders from 83 counties attended, according to event organizers. Carolina Public Press is a media sponsor of Rural Day.
The event and live-stream broadcast included:
- 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Welcome by Patrick Woodie, of the N.C. Rural Center, and Gov. Roy Cooper
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Key Issue 1: Broadband
- 12 p.m.: Remarks by Lt. Gov. Dan Forest
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.: Break and lunch
- 1:15 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Key Issue 2: Health
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.: Key Issue 3: Small Business Development
- 4:45 p.m.: Closing by Rep. Tim Moore, Sen. Phil Berger and Patrick Woodie, of the N.C. Rural Center
Go here for the full agenda and listing of speakers and panelists.