Journalism with impact
I want to receive independent, investigative local news every day.
Carolina Public Press live-streamed the daylong Rural Day event, held Tuesday, May 29, in Raleigh and presented by the N.C. Rural Center, which featured discussions on some of the biggest issues impacting the future of rural North Carolina communities — broadband, health and small business development.
A playlist of 26 videos from the event may be viewed above.
Truth delivered daily
The event included remarks from Gov. Roy Cooper, Rep. Tim Moore and Sen. Phil Berger. It also included three panel discussions on health, broadband and small business in rural North Carolina, featuring speakers and experts from across the state. More than 400 leaders from 83 counties attended, according to event organizers. Carolina Public Press is a media sponsor of Rural Day.
The event and live-stream broadcast included:
Become a Carolina Public Press insider.
Text INSIDER to (919)897-8555 and be among the first to hear about special events and exclusive content.
- 10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.: Welcome by Patrick Woodie, of the N.C. Rural Center, and Gov. Roy Cooper
- 10:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.: Key Issue 1: Broadband
- 12 p.m.: Remarks by Lt. Gov. Dan Forest
- 12:15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.: Break and lunch
- 1:15 p.m. – 3 p.m.: Key Issue 2: Health
- 3:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.: Key Issue 3: Small Business Development
- 4:45 p.m.: Closing by Rep. Tim Moore, Sen. Phil Berger and Patrick Woodie, of the N.C. Rural Center
Go here for the full agenda and listing of speakers and panelists.