In this episode, we discuss:
Resources on the amendments:
- Carolina Public Press amendments guide: Amendments on NC ballot still a mystery to most voters
- “Politifact” investigation of statements about NC constitutional amendments
- Senate Bill 75, creating constitutional amendment on the maximum tax rate
- Senate Bill 677, creating the constitutional amendment to protect the right to hunt and fish
- House Bill 3 (2018 Second Extra Session), creating the constitutional amendment to establish nonpartisan judicial merit commissions
- House Bill 551, creating the constitutional amendment on strengthening victims’ rights
- House Bill 4 (2018 Second Extra Session), creating the constitutional amendment to establish a bipartisan board of ethics and elections
- House Bill 1092, creating the constitutional amendment to require photo ID to vote
- Judicial Voter Guide (with amendments included toward the end)
Coming up on The Kicker
Tune in and chat with us live. Our next show is Nov. 8, live from 3:30-4 p.m. We broadcast live on Facebook and on the radio from WPVM FM 103.7, in Asheville, and online at WPVMfm.org. Shows are recorded, so you can listen any time on CarolinaPublicPress.org.
Be in touch. Write or send us a voice memo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your input, suggestions and questions may be aired and may help shape a future show. Subscribe to Carolina Public Press to keep up with our news, events, shows and more.
Made possible by: This episode of The Kicker is made possible through the financial support of donors like you, foundations that support Carolina Public Press’s mission, and WPVMfm.org, an independent community radio station based in Asheville, N.C. Show your support here.